-->

menu

Image Map

Self Relaxing Prep

Sunday 27 May 2012

Next week I will be taking a big jump in my healthy hair journey and I will be self-relaxing my hair!
I'm currently 19 weeks post for anyone is interested 
(out of laziness I forgot to post this last week)

Plan of Attack

It is very important to prepare the hair to receive the relaxer a week before, relaxing is harsh on the hair, and if proper maintenance isn't taking then you are at risk of causing damage.
Hot oil treatment - Coconut Oil
I love coconut oil, and it's strand penetrating abilities

Clarify - VO5 Clarifying Shampoo
I try to clarify my hair once a month (or when I can remember)

Protein treatment - Aphogee 2 step treatment
We all know relaxing breaks down the protein bonds in the hair,
 more protein = stronger hair = less damage
This treatment is very strong!

The brand recommends every 6/8 weeks,
but to me, this product is great to use a week before getting a relaxer

Moisturising Shampoo - Elasta QP Conditioning Creme Shampoo
Adding back the moisture to my hair!
This shampoo is very gentle on my hair

Deep Conditioner - Matrix Ultra Conditioning Balm
This deep conditioner is great, no doubt I will be deep conditioning over night to save time
(I will be adding Grapeseed oil, Sweet Almond Oil + Roux Porosity Control)

Leave Ins - Giovanni Direct Leave In & Elasta QP H20
All moisture based proteins, to balance out the strong protein from the aphogee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...