-->

menu

Image Map

My First Rollerset!

Saturday 20 August 2011

I've always wanted to try rollersets, but i've never got round to doing one. I have all the utensils to rollerset so I thought lets give it a go! I've seen so many rollerset tutorials, and seen the amazing results some women get so of course I had some high expectations.





I love the way her hair looks bouncy and soft, needless to say I was a little disappointed when I took my hair out the rollers, it wasn't as bouncy as I imagined but I decided to do a saran wrap and I was actually happy with the results. I mean its my first rollerset I can't expect perfection!
So how did I do this OK rollerset you ask? (LOL)
I deep conditioned over night and cowashed the next day, I used water based leave-ins because I wanted my hair to be as light as possible and I made sure to use heat protectant and used some serum. I then let my hair air dry to about 80%. I did the 'mohawk' placement of rollers making sure I re-sprayed each section with water before adding the rollers.
I stayed under the dryer for 90mins, then saran wrapped my hair for about 10 minutes.

I plan to be rollersetting more often to help tame my new growth as I deepen into my stretch.
If you have any good rollersetting tips lets me know! 

2 comments:

  1. Yours came out well for your first time. It NEVER works for me, my hair comes out dry & crispy every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you, maybe its the products you use?
    Maybe try to rollerset after you deep condition your hair, that could help. I made sure to use some leave in conditioner on each section before I placed in the rollers. If you try it again let me know how it works out x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...